Commercial Asphalt PavingInterstate Companies takes tremendous pride in our commercial asphalt paving services. We not only leave your parking lot, campus, or roads looking better than ever before, we know the job was done so it stands the test of time. Not all paving jobs are the same, ours are the best, done with the highest quality asphalt, the best equipment, and the most experienced teams. That’s why the largest organizations in and around the Twin Cities rely on Interstate for their commercial paving needs. Are you planning a new location or expanding your current business’s footprint we are your paving partner from start to finish. We’ll get the job done on time and on budget. Our asphalt work will make your business look the best it possibly can. It will also allow your employees easy, safe, and comfortable access to work, as well as a sense of pride in where they work which can help with productivity. Most importantly, it will make a great impression on your customers and patrons, a high-quality parking lot has tremendous visibility and compliments their visit when they first arrive as well as when they leave. Your parking log and roadways are your first and last impression with a customer while they are at your location, make sure your parking lots and roads meet the level of service you offer. If your current location needs some paving work, we have the experience and teams to handle those paving jobs too. We can remove your old parking lot, prep the surface for new asphalt, install a newly paved parking lot, and then stripe it. We don’t subcontract out any of the steps so we have total control of the job to deliver not just the best results, but also the most efficient. We’ll handle your repaving needs quickly and efficiently so you’ll have the smallest disruption to your business. Additionally, all of our equipment is meticulously maintained, and crews maintain exacting standards and the highest level of integrity so even when we are there, we don’t paint an unsightly picture of your organization.
Interstate Companies is Minnesota’s best commercial asphalt paving contractor.
Minnesota asphalt paving maintenance and repair by interstate companies provide professional craftsmanship for all your asphalt paving, crack filling, seal coating, patching, parking lot repair, striping, and concrete needs. The appearance of a parking lot matters and in Minnesota asphalt maintenance matters. Studies show that well-maintained lots actually attract buyers, while parking areas in poor condition can drive businesses away. At Interstate Companies, we specialize in creating safe, attractive parking areas and maintaining them in peak condition. Our well-equipped and well-trained commercial paving service crews deliver high-quality asphalt paving services, including new construction, full and partial asphalt overlays, pothole repair, infrared repair, and more.
Minnesota Commercial Asphalt Maintenance ServicesWe pride ourselves in our commercial asphalt paving, but we are fully equipped to maintain and keep your commercial location looking good for years to come. We also understand how disruptive construction can be and work with you to deliver what you need in the most convenient and effective way possible. Appearance matters — and we make it our business to keep your property looking its best at all times.
- New Construction
- Full and Partial Asphalt Overlays
- Pothole Repair
- Infrared Repair
What are the types of asphalt maintenance?Other than quality asphalt mix and installation by certified professionals, there are various factors that contribute to asphalt maintenance. Asphalt is easily eroded by water, sunlight or even excess traffic – when not properly cared for. Services like overlaying, patching, crack sealing, seal coating should be proactively done at the first instance itself.
- Patching: If there are potholes because of the weakening of the surface, surface milling or patching can be performed. If there is deep weakening (from the base), the foundation should be thoroughly examined and the surface should be completely replaced if need be.
- Crack-sealing: Generally, asphalt enlarges and shrinks when there are temperature changes. This can lead to thermal cracks. Crack-sealing can help in filling the gaps created because of this as the sealant covers edges and corners. It also helps in preventing water penetration and oxidation.
- Sealcoating: For roadway pavements, commercial and industrial purposes, chip sealing is the best. Emulsion seal coats are effective for most other pavements, where cost is a major factor. These can give a polished and new look to your surfaces. However, they are less durable. That’s why, for commercial properties, both chip seal and asphalt emulsion coat are used for additional support.
- Overlays: Overlays help in preventing water penetration, oxidation, and damages and provides more strength and durability to the surface. The overlay includes covering the surface with a new layer of asphalt, about 1.5-2.5 inches thick above the existing surface (road, parking lot, pavement, etc…). Before applying overlays, it is a good practice to repair the damages to the existing surface.
What are the benefits of asphalt maintenance?With asphalt maintenance, the pavements stay durable for a longer time. The benefits are –
- Cost-saving – Maintaining asphalt requires small fixes that are cost-effective. Rather than re-paving, going for small maintenance works from time to time for pavements is a good choice.
- Enhance durability – Time to time maintenance and taking care of even small repairs on time can extend the life of your asphalt. Before the cracks get bigger, you just fix it and you will never have to worry about repaving or spending for building a pavement all over again.
- Prevent downtimes – If there are small patchworks, there is generally no need for closing the entire road or parking lot. Big paving works require complete closures of the entire place, which may not be an ideal business choice for a busy place.
How can we assess the need for commercial asphalt maintenance?The first sign for repair or maintenance is when you observe a crack. As asphalt ages, the pavement will start to crack and if those are left untreated, you will have a network of them – this is called alligator cracking. If you are unable to detect or judge whether maintenance is really required, it is best to call a professional to do a thorough assessment and give a detailed report.
What is the ideal time to repair Asphalt?If properly and adequately maintained, asphalt can remain good for about 11-12 years. Regular maintenance should be provided every 3 to 4 years and if the usage is heavy, it is advisable to perform surface patching every 4 months. Overlaying or complete removal to place a new one can be looked at after 10-12 years subject to the usage.
What is the difference between asphalt repair and repaving?Repairing or repaving can be a tough decision to make, however, even if you have to repave, some bit of base repairing is required. If there are small cracks and less sealing work, a base repair would suffice. If there is more than 30% repair required, it is preferable to remove asphalt from the rock base and repave (also known as overlay). It is also a good idea to consult with specialists to make the decision for you.
What is the cost of repaving asphalt driveway?A professional installation generally takes about $4000-$5000 (or $2.25 per sq. foot) for a typical driveway. This includes removing the old one and building a new one. It is a good choice to hire experts to do this work. The cost includes the cost of materials, labor charges, installation, and maintenance.
What is asphalt striping?Striping is a process where marks and signs are painted or applied with molten thermoplastic on the asphalt pavement, parking lot, or roadway. Asphalt striping ensures safety by providing clear road division, mark road crossings, speed limits, slow down points and give appropriate directions. It also makes the surface attractive and optimizes space utilization.
Professional Minnesota Asphalt Maintenance Solution by Interstate
For A Free Comprehensive Site Evaluation.Contact Us!